The Freedom of Mobility Forum is governed by an Advisory Board and facilitated by a neutral third party. A panel of experts joins forces with the facilitator to ensure the accuracy of facts and figures.
The Forum is steered by an Advisory Board composed of seven diverse, multicultural and cross-disciplinary individuals from different regions and the following sectors: climate/economics experts, public institutions, energy providers, mobility providers, civil society/NGOs, representatives of youth, and representatives of labor and social dialogue.
Members are selected for their high level of expertise, constructive and fact-based approach on topics related to climate change and mobility. The absence of conflicts of interest is also verified with each Advisory Board member.
The Advisory Board’s role mainly consists of:
- Proposing an overall strategic framework to establish the Freedom of Mobility Forum as a global reference
- Selecting the topic of the year, an issue related to a key aspect of freedom of mobility in a decarbonized world
- Identifying thought leaders and influential experts to participate as debaters
Meet the Members of the Advisory Board
Panel of Experts
This voluntary group of individuals is leveraged to challenge key trends, facts and figures during the debate preparation and supports in the selection process for potential debaters. The panel of experts also contributes to the curated content made available after the debate.
The current Panel of Experts is composed of:
Glynda Bathan-Baterina (representing Civil Society and NGOs) - Deputy Executive Director of Clean Air Asia
Joel Cutcher-Gershenfeld (representing Labor and Social Dialogue) - Professor and Associate Dean of the Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University
Speranta Dumitru (representing Academics) - Associate Professor of Political Science at Paris Cité University
Stephen Edwards (representing Civil Society and NGOs) - Senior Program Manager for the Global Business and Biodiversity Programme of the International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
Gibson Kawago (representing Youth) - Founder of WAGA (a provider of sustainable and reliable lithium-ion battery solutions) and a United Nations Young Leader for the SDGs
Gabriel Plassat (representing Civil Society and NGOs) - Specialist in thermal engines and fuels at ADEME (French Environment and Energy Management Agency) and Co-founder of Fabrique des Mobilités
Armando Regil-Velasco (representing Youth) - CEO of i2CO: School of Transformative Leadership and Founder of IPEA, the first Mexican youth think tank dedicated to promoting freedom in Mexico
Wavestone, as a neutral third party, has the following roles:
- Constitution and functioning of the Advisory Board
- Constitute the Advisory Board
- Act as an enabler to allow each Advisory Board member to best express their opinions during Advisory Board meetings
- Organize relations between Advisory Board members: facilitate decision-making and guarantee high-quality interactions during and between Advisory Board meetings
- Preparation and organization of the debate
- Organize the process for identification of debaters: suggest, in the same way as for the Advisory Board members and the Panel of Experts, a list of potential debaters, and ensure representativeness of the various categories of stakeholders. Organize the voting process for Advisory Board members to choose the final list of debaters
- Prepare the public debate with the debaters
- Host the public debate and prepare key takeaways as well as organize curated contents which are produced after each debate and made public on the Forum website